Recently something got into my mind. I want to create a universe of my own. Maybe because I am done with this one and need something to avoid the real-life issues. I know this is not the way I should treat issues. Then what the hell, I am lazy.
So, I was creating a fictional universe. I talked about this with my close friends. Some said this is stupid, other showed interest and shared their opinions. (I have only 2 friends 😐 )
But right now I am really into it. I want to share the things I have come up with, until now. But cannot.
- I am not sure whether it will be accepted by people or not
But I can definitely discuss the challenges I faced and currently facing. Up until now, I have kinda sorta ready with the main character and the geography of my universe.
Here are the challenges, nay dilemma I am facing with my universe.
- I am a fan of both sci-fi and fantasy. I want to add both but then it will get really tricky.
- Also, I want to avoid any romantic drama but then a universe needs some love.
- I need make-up words. A lot of makeup words. Or maybe need to create a new language. I am not qualified or experienced enough to do this job.
- A lot and lots of MAGIC!! – This is happening for sure.
- This is just a start, I need to work on basic rules of the universe – people & their abilities, politics, rules(both of nature and human-made), animals & other creatures and many more.
- I said, I have a main character in my mind but I don’t want the universe to revolve around one person. So, need to work on this too.
I know it shouldn’t need to be accurate but it should convince anyone to believe. And this is going to take a lot of my time. I am not afraid to give my time to things I like.
Also, I need somebody to ask questions, a lot of questions about my world.
Lastly, my universe needs me to do research. Creating something of your own feels good.
Rashmita Out! 🙂